When you are saving cash for an upcoming vacation, every little thing matters. You might not realize how much money you are throwing down the drain or allowing to blow away without even thinking. If you are looking to save some quick cash before your next summer vacation, these air conditioning tips are sure to help you avoid losing money.
1. Keep your blinds closed. Open blinds allow heat to make its way into the room, so it is important that you keep them tightly closed. Some people even use blackout shades to keep the room extra dark.
2. Set your thermostat differently up and downstairs. Heat rises, so you definitely want the upstairs thermostat set differently than the downstairs for best results.
3. Combine the power of an AC and a ceiling fan. The ceiling fan will help to circulate the air as it cools your house. This will make a difference in the way you feel, while also allowing you to keep cooling costs down.
4. Choose an air conditioner that saves energy. Energy Star appliances are known for keeping energy costs down, so make sure that you check out the ratings before you make a final purchase.
5. Set your thermostat for your schedule. When you are at work and nobody is home, you might not need the AC to be the same temperature as you might when you are at home. With a programmable thermostat, you can have the AC turn on and off around the time you are about to arrive home or leave for work.
6. Clean your AC filters. Those air filters make a difference, and a filter can become clogged quite easily. This means that you need to clean and replace it regularly to ensure that you aren't forcing the unit to work harder than it needs to.
7. Turn off lights. You don't have to sit in the dark, but do understand that the lights can make the room warmer. If you can keep lights off in the house as long as possible, you can have the house feeling cooler all day.
8. Open windows at night. Allow the cooler air to come in at night, but make sure that you close up the windows before the sun starts to peek its way through.
Saving for summer is simple when you take regular steps to keep costs down. Your air conditioner can save you and keep you cool. To learn more about how to make your air conditioner more efficient, contact a company like A One Heating & Air Conditioning.